DHAKA, Bangladesh: Bangladesh cricketers reach a deal with the cricket board and call off strike after a successful meeting on Wednesday night.
Cricket Board President Nazmul Hasan Papon told media that the Bangladesh Cricket Board has agreed to “most of the [players] demands,” including a pay raise.
The players had put forth an 11-point-demand-list on Monday and had refused to play until those were met by the board.
“We have no problem to comply with what the players want,” Papon said after an emergency meeting with players on October 23.
Two additional demands that were put forth earlier in the day, including a greater share of the BCB’s revenues, were not approved.
The peaceful resolution means Bangladesh’s tour of India will begin from November 3 as per schedule.
Bangladesh Test captain Shakib Al Hasan, who led the players in discussion with the board, said he was happy with the outcome.
“The board promised to resolve all the matters one by one very soon,” he said.
“I hope they will do it in the quickest possible time.”
The third round of the National Cricket League (NCL), the country’s traditional first-class tournament, was pushed back two days to Saturday in the wake of the conflict.