KARACHI: The Cyber Crime Bills have received approval from the National Assembly and Senate. The cyber crimes are not going to remain unheeded.
If someone’s Facebook page got hacked, post someone’s picture without one’s consent or spreading hatred online, you can easily report such cyber crimes to NR3C.
Reporting cybercrimes in Pakistani is very simple and easy. Here are the crimes which you can report to cyber crime wing of FIA.
Cyber crimes that can be reported
These are some of the offense you can report,
- If someone has made a fake FB ID or Twitter ID with your name
- If someone has posted your images without your consent
- If someone is spreading racial or ethnic hatred
- If someone has hacked your Facebook/Email ID
- If someone has gained un-authorized access to your laptop, phone (Physical Information system, digital data, personal Identity)
- If someone is defaming you on social media and you think he/she’s wrong in claims he/she is making
- Online Fund Transfer Fraud through bank, ATM, Easypaisa, U-paisa, Time pay or any other online fund transfer facility
- If your website is hacked by someone
How to report cyber crime
If you want to report above-mentioned cybercrimes, then you can follow the instructions to register your complain in Pakistan.
- Register Complaint Against Cyber Crimes by filling form online: Go to this URL and submit your application online: http://www.nr3c.gov.pk/creport.php
- Register Complaint Against Cyber Crimes with Email: Write an application with all possible details and your complete credentials (Name, Address, CNIC, and Contact No.) and email it to this email-address: [email protected]
- Register Complaint Against Cyber Crimes by writing hard-copy application: Write an application with all possible details and your complete credentials (Name, Address, CNIC, and Contact No.) and send the application to this address:
- Director NR3C-FIA,
- National Police Foundation Building,
- 2nd Floor, Mauve Area, G-10/4,
- Registering Complaint by Walking to NR3C Regional office: Simply visit any of the regional offices of NR3C (addresses given below) and register your complaint in person
Below are the contact details of regional offices
- 4th Floor, FIA Building, 1st Temple Road,
- Lahore, Punjab.
- PHONE +92 42 99203047 – 48
- FAX +92 42 37323041
- 1st Floor ,FIA Building (Near Darul Sehat Hospital),
- Block 14,Gulistan-e-Johar
- PHONE +92 21-99249650
- FAX +92 21-99249651
- PABAX +92 21-99249652
- Opposite RMI Hospital, Phase-5,
- Hayatabad, Peshawar
- PHONE +92 91 9217109
- Al-Zahir Plaza, New Iqbal Town,
- Express Way, Islamabad.
- PHONE +92 51 2612280
- NR3C/FIA, Banglaw No. 410/180 near City School Opposite Crescent Public School,
- City School Road Jinnah Town
- PHONE +92 81 2870057
How to write a complain against a cyber crime?
You can write your complain either in English or Urdu with every possible details about the offense. You can attach evidence if available, such as; printouts, screenshots or any possible evidence to help the authority to understand the case better.
The effectiveness of cyber crime with NR3C.
The NR3C is more effective since the cyber crime bill has passed. They have official contacts with ISPs, cellular companies, Facebook, Twitter and so on to get your complaints resolve.
The process time of your complain depends on the nature of your complain, which may as long as weeks. If you complain is submitted in a proper manner with needed proofs and documentations then the road to resolve your complain will be smooth.
For further details and possible cyber crimes click here.