DHAKA: Sri Lankan experienced batsman Mahela Jayawardene has left behind the all teammate players after hitting his 11،236 runs milestone in the first Test against Bangladesh in Dhaka.
Mahela Jayawardene crossed this milestone after accomplishing a double-century in the first innings of first Test at Shere Bangla National Stadium.
Jayawardene has become the sixth most scorers in the test leaving West Indian batsman Chanderpaul behind.
Jayawardene has scored so far 11,236 runs in his 142 matches, while Chanderpaul scored 11,219 runs in 153 Test matches.
The five highest runs scorer batsmen name are as follows:
- Sachin Tendulkar 15,921 runs in 200 matches
- Ricky Ponting 13,378 runs in 168 matches
- Jacques Kallis 13,289 runs in 166 matches
- Rahul Dravid 13,288 runs in 164 matches
- Brian Lara 11,953 runs in 131 matches