Karachi: Cellular services will remain suspended in Karachi from 12pm to 3pm on Friday because of security concerns, Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik said.
He said the decision was taken after reports of possible terrorist incidents in the city during Friday prayers.
“I have ordered security agencies to increase patrolling in sensitive areas, especially at religious places.”
Mobile service suspension has become a normal tactic to curb violence in the country.
“No terror attacks take place when mobile service are suspended,” Malik told a local news channel, adding that he could understand the problems people face due to the suspension and said he felt sorry for that.
Earlier this week, the interior minister warned that Karachi might experience major terror attacks in February.