Social interaction website Twitter crossed one million registered applications, built by more than 750,000 developers around the world.
According to Twitter official blog ‘This is up from 150,000 apps just a year ago. A new app is registered every 1.5 seconds, fueling a spike in ecosystem growth in the areas of analytics, curation and publisher tools’.
‘Investors and businesses are taking note. Since December 2010, more than $500 million has been invested in ecosystem companies, and more than a billion dollars has been paid out in acquisitions. This level of investment is indicative of the opportunity for developers and entrepreneurs to build successful businesses as part of the Twitter platform’ Twitter blog reported.
It is important to mention here that Applications help people understand and make the most of Twitter, whether they’re on the web, on mobile and even watching television.
Twitter also mentions few apps in their blog which are:
• Mass Relevance combed through more than 160,000 Tweets to bring the White House’s first Twitter Town Hall to life though real-time content curation and visualization.
• Trendrr evaluated the sentiment of Tweets about sci-fi thriller SUPER8 to measure the film’s blockbuster $38 million opening weekend.
• Datasift just announced $6M in new funding today for the work they do to make the Twitter firehose accessible to any developer.
• Poptweets created an addictive iPhone trivia game that challenges players to match Tweets with the famous people who said them.
• Radian6 turned its brand monitoring tools into a thriving business and was recently acquired by Salesforce for $326 million.